Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Victors: Project OSPREY - Halftime: Michigan 32-30 Duke
Holy moley, did you see that half? That was awesome! Forty minutes, boys, make sure you play all forty minutes. Go Blue! Beat Duke! Defend the House that Cazzie Built! (Bog, I love Project OSPREY.)

Go Blue!

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day
Steve Martin, "King Tut" (live) via iTunes (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: There's no two ways about it, Steve Martin is a genius.

Freitag, 5 Dezember
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, "Detroit Rock City" via iTunes (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: I hate KISS, but I love and miss the Bosstones. Hiatus rots.

Donnerstag, 4 Dezember
Fountains of Wayne, "Little Red Light" from Welcome Interstate Managers (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: My thanks to The Sardine, who innocently used the words "little red light" in an I.M. confab, immediately bringing to mind "Little Red Light." However, the following quotation should not be misread as a reference to the end of "The Endurance," my erstwhile romantic pursuit of The Sardine. "Little Red Light" is a great and universal song.

"It's not right, it's not fair,
I'm still a mess and you still don't care.
I go to work, I come back home,
But you're still gone and I'm still alone.
And the little red light's not blinking.
No, no, the little red light's not blinking.
No, no, the little red light's not blinking
On my big, black, plastic, Japanese cordless phone."

No comments: