Thursday, July 9, 2009

Bitchin' Camaro*
I spied another fifth-generation/2010 model-year Camaro today, pure silver as in all the promotional photos, and I don't care if this earns me a "Douchebag" T-shirt: I wants one.



"I don't feel any shame, I won't apologize."

Science!
At age twenty, I displayed quite an exceptional command of American English. All for the good, even more than I suspected at the time? Nunlink. Alzheimer's disease is a fate worse than death, for it is the death of the soul. I mostly find health stories a dreadful bore, but I hope to keep an eye on this research to see if the results are repeated in larger, more scientific samples and what, if anything, those data would tell us about preventing mental deterioration. I wish to perish at sixty mostly to prevent my mind dying before my body; mayhap I shan't have to deprive the world of my magnificence so early?

My only objection to this article on the state of Babylon's ruins is to the fourth paragraph from the bottom: Babylonlink. 'Tis indefensibly ignorant and repugnantly hypocritical to write an article about preserving ancient sites and use the word "plunder" to describe 19th century archaeology. Our knowledge of the past was fragmentary before Europeans started poking around in the dirt in Egypt and the Middle East in the 19th century; the fragments those intrepid chaps "plundered" are the only reason we know what we do about the Egypt of the pharaohs, the whorish glory that was Babylon, and the not-so-mythical-after-all city of Troy. Had the Elgin Marbles not been removed from Athens to London, Bog only knows what damage might have been done to them during the Greek War of Independence and all the other wars that have raged across Thessaly, Attica, and the Peloponnese in the last two centuries. To call preservation "plunder" is to declare that you would have preferred these treasures destroyed rather than relocated, an attitude I can only describe as Philistine.

Science!

The Stars My Destination
Safety first… to the max! Maxlink.




*Yes, I am aware of the incongruity of quoting the Dead Milkmen when expressing genuine desire to own a Camaro.

No comments: