Thursday, July 23, 2009




The Stars My Destination Presents the 40th Anniversary of Apollo 11
I loathe The New York Times for a great many reasons, but so as to avoid a preposterously lengthy digression, let's just leave it at that. Yet, such is my love for the glory of Apollo that I have for years hung the poster below, a reproduction of the front page of The New York Times from 21 July 1969, the day after Armstrong and Aldrin's Moonwalk, on the wall or door of every place I've lived. I intend to continue doing so as far into the future as I can envision.





I daily marvel at and am reminded of the wonders of which we are capable if only we dare. Put a little more Apollo in your everyday life, don't just save it for anniversaries, and you'll be pleased with the results.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
She & Him, "Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?" from Volume One (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: I very much want to see (500) Days of Summer, but it looks as if I'll most likely have to wait for D.V.D. Curses!

"Why don't you sit right down and stay awhile?
We like the same things and I like your style.
It's not a secret,
Why do you keep it?"

No comments: