Monday, October 5, 2009

A pretty girl tantalized me with a journey for crêpes today, but true to the definition of "tantalize" no crêpes were to be had. Where's my crêpe, woman?!

Operation ÖSTERREICH
I didn't quite bonk today, but I did take a step in the wrong direction after Thursday's and Friday's runs. My legs were on fire throughout the uphill middle stink of my run; I got through it, but when it came time for the third and final stink back on level ground there wasn't any get-up-and-go left in my legs. Fiddlesticks! It could be the two-day layoff, it could be that I tend not to get much sleep between Sunday night and Monday morning, or it could have just been a bad day at the gym, an inexplicable phenomenon that is undeniably real. Or, you know, as I mounted the stairs up to the cardio room I ran into a guy with whom I've had a couple of classes as he was coming down and we stopped to chat for a few minutes; so, I could always blame him.

Curse you, Cal, curse you!

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Lorene, "28" via iTunes (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: I suppose this song is meaningless to me now that I'm thirty and the youthful exuberance of twenty-eight is only an increasingly fuzzy memory. O the ravages of time, o woe is me! "28" is the beautiful kind of melancholy.

No comments: