Monday, April 5, 2010

Misery, misery, misery. Too busy to catch my breath, beset by inebriates & buffoons, and my Macintosh appears to be on the fritz. My dad's laptop can connect wirelessly to the internet, and his diagnostics of the wireless router indicate its signal strength is strong, yet AirPort cannot connect to any woreless network. My HAL was working fine last night. I type these lines from my mother's HAL, in her cramped, airless office nook. Man alive, I wish I was still on vacation in Old New Amsterdam.

8 comments:

skeeter said...

If memory serves (and I confess it's pretty hazy), you were up to your neck in inebriates in New York.

Mike Wilson said...

True enough; so, let me clarify my position. Being surrounded by inebriates when inside a bar, tavern, pub, biergarten, or friend's domicile is both a joy & a delight. Being surrounded by inebriates when trying to conduct a serious meeting, a meeting to discuss the culmination of several weeks' laborious & difficult work, is neither a joy nor a delight. The latter variety was the bugbear that roused my ire last night, the variety about which I was complaining. The next occurrence of the former is much desired.

skeeter said...

also I only come up to your shoulder.

Mike Wilson said...

Ye might be a wee lass, Mrs. Skeeter, Esq., but you're a big inebriate (of the joyful & delightful variety).

brenda cox giguere said...

So sorry you have such woes, my friend. May next week be many orders of magnitude better for you.

By the way, I've been meaning to ask if you ever wrote a review of the J. J. Abrams Star Trek film? I keep wondering what you thought of it. Perhaps when your HAL is whole again...

Kevin said...

haha, perfect.

Mike Wilson said...

I've written about one-third of a ludicrously lengthy review of J. J. Abrams's Star Trek. My oft-revised goal is to have it completed and published by the first anniversary of the film's release, in approximately one month's time.

brenda cox giguere said...

Thanks, MW. I look forward to it.