Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, & Ninth Days of Christmas
Toby Keith, "We Three Kings" from (iTunes's free) Holiday Sampler (T.L.A.M.)

Samstag, 1 Januar 2011
Sufjan Stevens, "The Little Drummer Boy" from Songs for Christmas (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary:

"Little baby,
Pa-rum-pa-pum-pum,
I am a poor boy, too,
Pa-rum-pa-pum-pum,
I have no gift to bring,
Pa-rum-pa-pum-pum,
That's fit to give our King,
Pa-rum-pa-pum-pum,
Rum-pa-pum-pum,
Rum-pa-pum-pum."

Is there any amongst us who has a gift fit for our King? Nay, & we never could. All He asks is that we try our best.


Freitag, 31 Dezember 2010
The Klezmonauts, "Away in a Manger" from Oy to the World: A Klezmer Christmas (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Believe you me, I would never permit "Away in a Manger" to be a R.B.D.S.O.T.D. if there was any truth to the legend that it was written by Old Scratch's toady Martin Luther.

Donnerstag, 30 Dezember 2010
David Archuleta, "The First Noel" from (iTunes's free) Holiday Sampler (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: I am quite fond of Noel as a Christian name, Noël for a lad & Noelle for a lass (yes, I recognize the inconsistency, I acknowledge the names should be either Noël & Noëlle or Noel & Noelle; chalk my inconstant preference up to eccentricity).

No comments: