Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Project MERCATOR
Tonight's last "monthly" Economics Club dinner of the year was a great success, as much a celebration of the coup d'etat that brought me to power last month as the end o' the 2010-11 academic year. There's good news & bad news, in that order: I had an hours-long discussion of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine with a lass; alas, she's a vegetarian who admires the moral position of vegans. Easy come, easy go.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day: SKApril
Madness, "Night Boat to Cairo" from One Step Beyond… (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: There is ever so much more to Madness than just "Our House" & "One Step Beyond…" (the song).

2 comments:

the Guy said...

Surround yourself with smart people that disagree with you.

Mike Wilson said...

Well done, The Guy, by way of Isaac Jaffe. I shan't, nor did I ever plan to, cease interacting with her, I'm just saying that a love of "DS9" that deep is not all that dissimilar from:

"A short skirt,
A Gimmes shirt,
A Jones soda,
Ain't life grand?"

I want to date a girl who loves "DS9" that much, but the morally=based vegetarianism is a bridge too far. I'll still be surrounded by people who disagree with me (with varying levels of smarts).