Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pray pardon the paucity of posts, but I've been blindsided by a most uncharacteristic heat wave, utterly unacceptable for November. The temperatures are only in the mid-60s, but the effect is amplified because ever building still has its central heat cranked up as it the afternoon highs we in the 40s. Additionally, it's humid, humid like August is humid. It's muggy. It's hot & muggy (high fives all around) in cotton-picking November & the furnaces are blasting away. Pardon my language, but this is a clusterfuck.

"This aggression will not stand, man."

Project GLOWWORM
I woke up early this morning & trimmed by beard, which I was supposed to do last Friday. One again, I trimmed it too short. Late & too short! Have I learned nothing? Late & too short, & for no good reason. Great Caesar's ghost, Mike, get your head in the game! Jackass.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Ben Folds featuring Regina Spektor, "You Don't Know Me" from Way to Normal (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: A burned C.D. of Way to Normal was given me by a relative much more fond Ben Folds than I. I did not ask for this album, nor the other Ben Folds albums he's gifted me, but it's unpardonably rude to refuse a gift; there's nothing for it but to smile & say, "Thank you." I junked more than half of the songs, but retained a handful, including, as you might have guessed, "You Don't Know Me."

No comments: