Friday, January 13, 2012

The Queue
The Dylan Dog Case Files is a collection of a Dark Horse miniseries republication of the Italian comic book Dylan Dog, written principally by Tiziano Sclavi & drawn by a clutch of different artists. Though I've previously exempted comics books from listing in "The Queue," Case Files is nigh-on seven hundred pages long, fully qualifying as a book for our purposes. Though mindful that it has a due date by which it must be returned to the library, I shall take took my (newly) usual interlude to read some of my backlog of Hellboy & B.P.R.D. comics. Once I'm caught up on those, I've a backlog of Usagi Yojimbo that requires attention.

Recently
Christopher Moore, Bite Me: A Love Story
Mike Mignola & Christopher Golden, Baltimore, or, The Steadfast Tin Soldier and the Vampire
Bram Stoker, The Jewel of Seven Stars

Currently
Tiziano Sclavi, et al., The Dylan Dog Case Files

Presently
Edgar Rice Burroughs, Tarzan of the Apes
H. Rider Haggard, King Solomon's Mines
David Ignatius, Body of Lies
Len Deighton, City of Gold

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Brian Carpenter's Ghost Train Orchestra, "Mojo Strut" from Hothouse Stomp: The Music of 1920s Chicago and Harlem (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Hothouse Stomp was another finalist for my 2011 Album of the Year. The Ghost Train Orchestra sounds unlike anything else in my library, a gloriously delightful oddity.

No comments: