Thursday, January 5, 2012

Project PALINDROME | Project PARAFFIN
I've not yet begun work on the latter because I've not yet completed work on the former. One of these years I'll learn that 31 December is the worst day of the year for any kind of creative deadline, because there are simply too many competing demands for one's attention & energy, making December the least productive month of the year. It's January now, Mike, time to shrug off this holiday hangover.

Grow or die.

Also, I might make the deadline for Project PARAFFIN 31 January 2013, instead of 31 December 2012.

He's Dead, Jim
My father is getting over a cold. My mother is in the midst of a cold. I'm getting a cold. I don't mind this nearly so much as I mind the incessant sunshine & springlike temperatures that are making this the worst winter I've known. (The unseasonable weather isn't a health issue, but it seemed apropos enough given that "He's Dead, Jim" consists mostly of grousing.)

Coming Attractions
{a} "Project MERCATOR" - enormous holiday kith & kin edition
{b} "Autobahn" - the joys & perils of motoring to & from the Mississippi River
{c} "The Victors: Sugar Bowl Special"
{d} "This Week in Motorsport" - to my shame, I still owe you the end of the Formula One season
{e} "The Loot" - I never got around to cataloging the haul from my last birthday, but the same sorry fate shan't befall my Yuletide loot

Yes, yes, I know, enough with writing about what I'm going to write, get down to it & just write. Jawohl!

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Twelfth Day of Christmas
Sufjan Stevens, "We Three Kings" from Songs for Christmas (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary:

"We three kings of Orient are,
Bearing gifts we traveled so far,
Field and fountain, moor and mountain,
Following yonder star.

O star of wonder, star of night,
Star with royal beauty bright,
Westward leading, still proceeding,
Guide us to they perfect light."

No comments: