Monday, March 26, 2012

The Explorers' Club
№ CCLXXX - The life & trek of Kazimierz Nowak (1897-1937).







Science!
I no longer have any interest in James Cameron's feature films, but that doesn't mean I disdain his spirit of exploration. My congratulations to only the third challenger of the Challenger Deep: The Abyss-link.

For more on the Mariana Trench & the Challenger Deep, please see:
"The Explorers' Club" № CCLXXI
"The Explorers' Club" № CCLXXII

Science!

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day
Queen, "We Are the Champions" from Greatest Hits I (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: "And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end", possibly the song's most underappreciated lyric. Even victors need continue striving.

Sonntag, 25 März
Robbie Williams featuring Rupert Everett, "They Can't Take That Away From Me" from Swing When You're Winning (The M.A.P.)

Samstag, 24 März
"Weird Al" Yankovic, "Close But No Cigar" from Straight Outta Lynnwood (Ska Army)

Commentary:

"I said, 'Hey, are we playing horseshoes, honey?'
No, I don't think we are…

I said, 'Hey, are we lobbing hand grenades, kiddo?'
No, I don't think we are…

I said, 'Hey, are we doin' government work here?'
No, I don't think we are…"

No comments: