Monday, December 17, 2012

Autobahn
The most interesting vanity license plate I've seen recently was KINGMKR, which I've taken to mean "kingmaker." At the peril of the following being unforgivably snobbish, I have to wonder about the social milieu in which a kingmaker drives a fifteen-year-old Buick. Methinks the kingmaker claim is more aspirational than operational.

Last week, I passed by a motorist wearing a eyepatch waiting at a traffic light. This struck me as queer. I'm no sawbones, but depth perception would seem to be an asset, if not an outright necessity, to the successful piloting of a motorcar. Are monocular citizens allowed to drive motorcars?

The Rebel Black Dot Christmas Song of the Day
The Puppini Sisters, "Jingle Bells" from Christmas with The Puppini Sisters (T.L.A.M.)

No comments: