Thursday, May 16, 2013

Autobahn
I motored to Ann Arbor this afternoon to retrieve my repaired Macintosh & was twice waylaid by traffic jams, neither caused by collisions nor construction but both inspired by motorcars parked on the side of the expressway. By Lucifer's beard, people, 'tis not necessary to slow to a crawl to pass every immobile automobile! Given the abruptness with which so many of my fellow motorists stood on their breaks, I'm shocked that there were no additional fender benders.

I spent a little while driving behind a Porsche 911 Turbo. I'd hoped to observe it more closely, but the traffic on I-94 was perilous & was soon to grind to halt, as mentioned above. Both yesterday & today I approached from behind & passed on the right B.M.W. 5-series G.T.s. From the rear, that is quite possibly the ugliest automobile ever to blight mine eyes. Sweet merciful crap!

Southbound on US-23 today, I espied a Subaru Impreza WRX STI, replete with ridiculously enormous rear spoiler (not a functional wing), cavernous hood scoop, & the vanity plate TURBOME, which I presume is meant to be read "turbo me." TURBOME was cruising in the right lane at at least five miles an hour below the posted speed limit. This put a smile on my face as I blasted past him in the eighteen-year-old Lumi, the Distaff Son of the Mousemobile.

This was my third trip to Ann Arbor in just over a week—dropping off & picking up my Macintosh, split by The Bradman's bachelor party.

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day
They Might Be Giants, "The End of the Tour" from John Henry (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary:

"And she says that the scene isn't what it's been
And she's thinking of going home…"


Mittwoch, 15 Mai
King Apparatus, "King Apparatus" from King Apparatus (T.L.A.M.)

Dienstag, 14 Mai
Less Than Jake, "The Brightest Bulb Has Burned Out/Screws Fall Out" from Anthem (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: B.T.W. consensus has traditionally held that Hello Rockview is Less Than Jake's greatest album, but their masterpiece just might be Anthem, it really might.

Montag, 13 Mai
Madness, "Tarzan's Nuts" from One Step Beyond… (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: There was a lot of Madness during the compact disc interregnum; I don't deny it.

Sonntag, 12 Mai
Madness, "My Girl" from One Step Beyond… (T.L.A.M.)

Samstag, 11 Mai
Madness, "Land of Hope and Glory" from One Step Beyond… (T.L.A.M.)

Freitag, 10 Mai
Beirut, "Forks and Knives (La FĂȘte)" from The Flying Club Cup (T.L.A.M.)

Donnerstag, 9 Mai
Reel Big Fish, "She's Not the End of the World" from Candy Coasted Fury (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: An invaluable song for every heartbroken bloke. It's harder to take an emotional state that seriously once R.B.F. have lampooned it.

1 comment:

K.Steeze said...

I'd like to also put the Range Rover Evoque into the hat for ugliest ass automobile of the year.