Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Yes, M!ch!gan
Within the last year, both "local" public radio stations have launched new talks shows focused on the Wolverine State, sacred Michigan: from WUOM, based on the campus of the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Stateside, & from WKAR, based on the campus of the Michigan Agricultural College in East Lansing, Current State. I know not what is behind this sudden upsurge in love for "the Mitten," but I like it. When I was at the library picking up Kon-Tiki last week, I took a gander at their display of Michigan-themed books, & I just might take a look at one or two.

Si Quæris Peninsulam Amœnam Circumspice. ("If you seek a pleasant peninsula, look about you.")



The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, "The Death Valley Vipers" from Pin Points and Gin Joints (T.L.A.M.)

No comments: