Monday, December 2, 2013

Autobahn | Urbi et Orbi

Now that Advent is upon us, the Lumi, the Distaff Son of the Mousemobile is festooned with a magnet, a heart containing silhouettes of Our Lady & Saint Joseph kneeling over the manger & emblazoned with the words, "This season, remember the reason." I would never have acquired such a thing of my own volition; 'tis a gift from one of my brother Knights & his wife. They mean well, but I find their intense interest in my life to be intrusive, & thus irksome. (I'm not private, I'm secretive. There is a difference.) We are not meant to keep to ourselves, we are meant to be part of a community, but this is a new way of living to me, one with which I am far from accustomed. 'Tis a gift, & I could not refuse, all the more so since I share the magnet's sentiment. The magnet is attached to the Lumi's driver's side "C" pillar as 'tis too large to attach to the rearward-facing, vertical surface of her trunk & the suitably-sized bumper is non-metallic.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
The Spinners, "The Rubberband Man" via iTunes (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: "The Rubberband Man" goes on for nearly seven & a half minutes & never once in that stretch does is fail to be anything less than completely captivating.

"Hey, y'all, prepare yourself
For the Rubberband Man,
You've never heard a sound
Like the Rubberband Man,
You're bound to lose control
When the Rubberband starts to jam…"

2 comments:

Dr. Hee Haw said...

"The Rubberband Man": Like "Mr. Blue Sky," a great song I first heard in a memorable commercial. Thanks for the selection.

Mike Wilson said...

You are most welcome, old chum. I thank ye recalling to mind "Mr. Blue Sky." I've bookmarked that remarkable advert several times on the YouTube, only to find after an uncertain interval that it is taken down, to then reappear elsewhere on the YouTube in a cat-&-mouse game 'twixt the defenders & violators of Volkswagen's copyright.