Friday, May 29, 2015

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day

Neil Patrick Harris, "Everything You Ever" from Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog: Soundtrack from the Motion Picture (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Be careful for what you wish, & live in dread of the moment when you realize, when you are overcome by the terrible realization that you've gotten everything you ever wanted, & weep.

"Here lies everything:
The world I wanted, at my feet,
My victory's complete,
So hail to the king!
(Everything you ever)
Arise and sing!

"So your world's benign,
So you think justice has a voice
And we all have a choice?
And now your world is mine.
(Everything you ever)
And I am fine.

(Horrible, Horrible, Horrible, Horrible,
Horrible, Horrible, Horrible, Horrible)

"Now the nightmare's real!
Now Doctor Horrible is here
To make you quake with fear,
To make the whole world kneel!
(Everything you ever)
And I won't feel a thing."

No comments: