Tuesday, July 5, 2016

The Rebel Black Dot Summer Song of the Day


Fountains of Wayne, "It Must be Summer" from Utopia Parkway (The Last Angry Man)

Commentary: Until last week, I'd never in my life appreciated the beach. I disdained oceans & lakes as wholly & unconscionably inferior to pools. Last week, on the beaches of Frankfort, Michigan, I fell in love with the beach & the lake, with the sand & the water. Precautions must be taken, especially from the death rays of the Accursed Sun for folks as naturally pale as your humble narrator, but with S.P.F. 100 sunscreen, sunglasses, & a wide-brimmed hat ever at the ready, much fun can be had. It also helps if one has at one's disposal four seven- to four-year-olds who enjoy digging in the sand, flying kites, & wading in Lake Michigan.
"And the sun is beating me senseless,
I feel defenseless like a dying lamb,
I don't want to lie by the ocean side,
Don't want to play in the sand,
Can't you understand?
Can't you understand?…"

No comments: