Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Operation ÖSTERREICH

Weekly Wednesday Weigh-in
Last weigh-in: 342.8 lbs
This weigh-in: 341.8 lbs.
Difference: -1.0 lbs.

I ate anything & everything over the weekend ; so, I firmly expected to have gained weight in the last week. I'd say it was stress-eating, but I don't want to use that as an excuse; I chose poorly, simple as that. There will always be stress, be better days & worse days. If I cannot learn to be constant, to be steady when the world is falling apart all around me, then ÖSTERREICH is doomed.

What I have learned is that weight can fluctuate a great deal within a single day. I weighed myself last Thursday & I'd gained four pounds since the previous day's Weekly Wednesday Weigh-in. By the same token, after the weekend's overindulgence, I fasted yesterday, eating a moderate breakfast & then rather inadvertently skipping dinner. (I've deleted a meal per day, following the advice & example of the Catholic apologist Jimmy Akin, who has lost & kept off massive amounts of weight by restricting himself from first two meals-a-day from three & then eventually one meal-a-day from two. Extreme, perhaps, but effective.) So, by the time of this morning's weigh-in, I'd not eaten anything other than a banana & a handful of Hallowe'en candy in the previous twenty-four hours. I'll need to watch myself, to make sure I'm fostering healthy eating habits throughout the week, not just crash fasting on Tuesdays ahead of the Weekly Wednesday Weigh-in.

Still, any weight lost is a victory. After last Wednesday's gain & a bad weekend that I expected to result in another gain, I'm on one-fifth of a pound (0.5 lbs.) above the new low set a fortnight hence. Onward!

Bonus! Lied von ÖSTERREICH
"Weird Al" Yankovic, "Waffle King" from Alapalooza (The Last Angry Blob)

No comments: