Thursday, November 2, 2017

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Día de Muertos


The Bar-Keys, "Soul Finger" from Superbad: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (The Last Angry Man)

Commentary: If any soul still exiled here on the earth finds the boisterous nature of this R.B.D.S.O.T.D. disrespectful to their dearly departed, please accept my assurance that such is not my intent, though as this apology (an in an explanation, not an expression of guilt or attempt to make amends) indicates, such a reaction would not be entirely unanticipated. The fate of all souls, though unknown to us here on the earth, is decided upon the very moment of death: heaven, an eternity of bliss in the Presence of the Almighty; purgatory, a preparation for that eternity of bliss, which is promised, in the Almighty's perfect timing, to all those undergoing purification; or hell, the outer darkness where there is wailing & gnashing of teeth, the free & well-deserved choice of all those who spurned friendship with the Living God for the vain worship of false, dead gods who have no power to save. Those in heaven have no need of my help; rather, I rely on them every day to intercede for me before the Throne of the Lamb. Those in purgatory are in my prayers every day. Those in hell are beyond my help. There's no point in being maudlin about it; so, let's have a fiesta!

No comments: