Wednesday, February 21, 2018

The R.B.D. Black History Month Song o' the Day

Louis Armstrong, "What a Wonderful World" from Louis Armstrong's All-Time Greatest Hits (The Last Angry Man)

Commentary:
"I see trees of green, red roses, too,
I see them bloom for me & you,
And I think to myself, What a wonderful world!

"I see skies of blue and clouds of white,
The bright, blessed day; the dark, sacred night,
And I think to myself, What a wonderful world!

"The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky,
Are also on the faces of people going by,
I see friends shaking hands, saying, 'How do you do?'
They're really saying, 'I love you.'

"I hear babies crying, I watch them grow,
They'll learn much more than I'll never know,
And I think to myself, What a wonderful world!
Yes, I think to myself, What a wonderful world!"

No comments: