Saturday, June 30, 2018

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Day

Caro Emerald, "Riviera Life" from Deleted Scenes from the Cutting Room Floor (The Last Angry Man)

Commentary: Between vacation Bible school & a visit from my Xanadu kin, I was deprived of adequate sleep all week*. I awoke in plenty of time for my middle-o'-the-night adoration shift (3:00-4:30 A.M. Saturday, "Friday night"), but I slept in & missed Saturday morning men's Bible study & fellowship group (8:00-9:30 A.M.). I awoke at 8:30 instead of 7:30, but instead of rushing to arrive for the last half an hour, I rolled over & merrily went back to sleep, blissfully drifting in & out of slumber 'til 10:00 A.M. During that time, "Riviera Life" started running through my mind & I smiled at knowing that the R.B.D.S.O.T.D. had been selected before I was even fully awake.

*After this morning's desperately needed forty winks, things are going to get worse before they get better. Looking at everything on my schedule for tonight, tomorrow (Sunday), & then Monday & Tuesday, I shouldn't have a chance to get a full night's rest 'til Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. Last week's V.B.S. theme was that God is with us even amidst life's "wild ride." 'Tis true. Whee!

No comments: