Friday, March 25, 2022

Bonus! Fish Fry Song o' the Day!

The Aquabats!, "Beat Fishin'" from The Aquabats! Super Show! Television Soundtrack: Volume One (Captain Thumbs Up!)

Commentary: "Beat Fishin'" is comprised of two very musically distinct sections, a boy taking a girl "beat fishin'" & the girl's response to being taken "beat fishin'."
"But you're not really fishin',
You're really just tryin' to catch beats,
'Cause fishin' is when you catch fish
And you're not catchin' beats,
You know what I mean, boy?

"When we went on a date and we pulled into Beats in a boat that we were sittin' in,
I couldn't believe how lucky I was, you're Skipper and I was Gilligan,
I'm a girl, you're a guy who lives inside a doublewide at Camp Pendleton,
Sympathize, gettin' high on life, and that's alright, but, hey, then again.

"Just glad we're not really fishin' for fish, 'cause I'm not into fisherman.
(Just glad we're not really fishin' for fish, 'cause I'm not into fisherman.)
Just glad we're not really fishin' for fish, 'cause I'm not into fisherman.
Just glad we're not really fishin' for fish, 'cause I'm not into fisherman.

"No! I'm not into fisherman!"

No comments: