Saturday, March 12, 2022

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Day

The O.C. Supertones, "Hey Hey Hey" from For the Glory (Rude Boy Mike Papa Whiskey)

Skammentary:
"I feel so high and I want to tell the world why,
Until the glory of the Lord goes world wide,
And every person on the earth opens their eyes wide,
And hymns ring from every valley, plain, and hillside.

"I’m alive, I’m alive, I'm alive, you know that I’m set free,
And my eyes get clearer every day,
I was blind, I was blind, I was blind, but now I see.

"And when my heart is gripped with fear,
He says, 'Son why don’t you look up here,'
When I hear those words,
Well I feel scared to death,
Short of breath,
But it makes me want to say:

"Hey, hey, hey,
Hey, hey, hey,
Hey, hey, hey,
Hey, hey, hey,

"Enough about me, I wanna know how you’re doin' now,
Are there some tough times you’re goin' through now?
Been where you are and I want you to know
There’s a love that won’t let you go.

"Neither life, nor death, nor height, nor depth,
No angel, no man can take you from His hand.
Neither life, nor death, nor height, nor depth,
No angel, no man can take you from His hand…"

No comments: