Wednesday, March 22, 2023

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' Ten Days 'til SKApril

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, "The Impression That I Get" from Let's Face It (Rude Boy Mike Papa Whiskey)

Skammentary: "The Impression That I Get" was the R.B.D.S.O.T.D. for 1 April 2011, the first day of the first SKApril.
"Have you ever been close to tragedy
Or been close to folks who have?
Have you ever felt a pain so powerful
So heavy you collapse?
No? Well…

"Have you ever had the odds stacked up so high
You need a strength most don't possess?
Or has it ever come down to do or die,
You've got to rise above the rest?
No? Well…

"I'm not a coward, I've just never been tested,
I'd like to think that if I was I would pass,
Look at the tested and think, 'There but for the grace go I,'
Might be a coward, I'm afraid of what I might find out…"

No comments: