Friday, March 3, 2023

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Day

Less Than Jake, "Whatever the Weather" from the Sound the Alarm E.P. (Rude Boy Mike Papa Whiskey)

Skammentary: I am vexed & perplexed. There is widespread mockery of meteorologists & television weathermen for being so frequently & predictably wrong in their forecasts after the latest prognostication has turned out to have been wildly inaccurate, yet the very next time those selfsame failed doomsayers say "Doom!," I receive late night text messages asking if the Fish Fry has been cancelled due to the forecasted storm & early morning text messages informing me a fellow has been ordered by his spouse to stay home & not help with the Fish Fry. Consistency is all I ask!

All this in the context of Eucharistic adoration on Monday having been cancelled due to rain. Not freezing rain, mind you, just regular rain. Confession was still available, meaning my parish priest did not think it unsafe for parishioners to traverse the roads, but adoration was cancelled nevertheless.
"It's out of my hands,
These too-heavy times,
No matter the weather
I'll never waiver…"

No comments: