Saturday, June 10, 2023

24 Heures du Mans | 12:32:00

The pace of the Peugeot 9X8 has been genuinely surprising, not only keeping up with the leading Toyota GR010 & Ferrari 499P, but several times leading the race. Alas, the № 94 Peugeot, from third place, crashed into the barriers & had to limp back slowly to the pit lane. The № 8 Toyota & the № 51 Ferrari lead the field, going at each other hammer & tongs. There have been two retirements from the Hypercar class: the № 75 Porsche & the № 7 Toyota. In general, the L.M.H. cars have had the advantage over the L.M.D.h. cars, but there is still more than half the great race to go & the № 2 Cadillac has been hanging on persistently.

The № 33 Corvette is running in the G.T.E. Am. midfield.

I'm going to bed soon. I'm not going to stay up all night to watch the race, compelling as it is, because I know there are multiple hour-long safety-car periods awaiting me if I continue. This centenary edition of Le Mans should have been an absolute triumph, could have so easily been an absolute triumph, but all I'm left with now is this sorry farce & the genuine prospect that I will never again watch the "Grand Prix of Endurance & Efficiency."

No comments: