Sunday, April 13, 2003

I wore shorts and sandals today, specifically because it was just a little too cold to wear shorts and sandals. There's no sensation in the world I love the same way as feeling just a little bit cold. I single shiver fills my heart with joy. Work was virtually empty; so, I've almost finished my book, still The Oxford Illustrated History of Modern War. After that, I have to read Where is Joe Merchant?, on loan from The Watergirl, and Warriors Don't Cry, on loan from the Flying Dutchman; I don't know which I'll read first.

At the screening yesterday, a group of my fellow staffers, along with several of the regulars, were talking about books. My God, all these people read is genre fiction. And which genre, you ask? Fantasy. Crappy crap fantasy. Those poor bastards.

No comments: