Tuesday, May 13, 2003

"Gee, Marge, they made your butt look kind of big."
"That's what I thought, but they said it sells."
"It works for the Lumber King."
(stare transfixed at the Lumber King's mechanized ass)
"Lumber. We need lumber."

This triviality is brought to you by virtue of my having purchased lumber earlier today. Considering that a) my desk was too low in relation to my chair and b) I live within sight of Fingerle Lumber, I walked on over to ye olde neighborhood lumber yard where the great Don Gonzales himself helped me buy $3.94 worth of 2x4, which was then cut into 18-inch long sections and, with the Mountain's able assistance, placed under my desk. I'm happy to report that the procedure was a complete success. The main issue with my desk's height was I was not comfortable while writing in my journal; thus, the quality of the entries was suffering. My journal is the chronicle of my life, I cannot allow it to diminish in quality.

In the past two hours, I've gone grocery shopping, bought lumber, fixed my desk, folded my laundry, and blogged. Whew, I think that's enough for one afternoon. It's Miller time!

No comments: