Friday, December 3, 2004

All you other other motherfuckers, you only wish you could be me. Why? I have just listened to "The Cowboy, the Indian, and the Cyborg" by Real Can of Yams, performed two years ago at the annual New Year's Eve eve show and feared lost. And it very well might have been lost if not for the always reliant Mr. Doerr and his obsessive recording of every GB show ever. And speak of the devil...

*** REAL CAN OF YAMS *** LIVE ON STAGE! *** DECEMBER 30, 2004 *** THE LOCAL IN EXILE, DOWNTOWN FLINTTOWN ***
Opening for the Grand Blanc superband Tommy's Frogs!

Go Honolulu Blue!
I'm not trying to tempt fate, but I am supremely confident the Lions will win on Sunday. Why, you ask? Because the Arizona Cardinals' starting quarterback will be none other than Michigan alumnus John Navarre! Even as a seventh round pick, it was foolish foolish foolish of the Cardinals to draft Navarre. He will never be an NFL-caliber quarterback; for Bog's sake, he was barely sufficient as a college quarterback. I like Dennis Green and I respect his coaching ability, but John Navarre is quite simply no good.

Vote For Kodos - Cabinetry
With Secretary Tommy Thompson's expected resignation now a reality, let me say that soon-to-be-former Senator John Breaux (D, Louisiana) would make a fine Secretary of Health and Human Services. He's an old school conservative Democrat, almost as endangered a species as me and my fellow liberal Republicans, and a long-time advocate of Social Security reform.

Don't have kittens, my lefty friends, but thank Bog Rummy - Secretary Donald Rumsfeld - is staying. Even before 9/11 he was the major force for force transformation, vital to building the military we need to fight "the savage wars of peace" of the 21st century. No undue offense to the Joint Chiefs, but they're still stuck in the Cold War. Hurray for Rummy!

H-A-N
Have a pointillistic night.

No comments: