Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Vote For Kodos
I know most of you probably don't want to hear it, but now that it's over, I honestly miss the election. Rummy's comments and Bernie Kerik's denomination are all fine and good, but mostly those stories have been kept alive because the press are (a) bored becuase it's December and (b) still pouting about the election and thus the piling on. But I miss the wrangling, the arguing, the messy way American campaigns are waged. I am a political junkie and I miss my fix.

Go Honolulu Blue!
I don't mind losing to a superior team, I really don't. But to blow a thirteen point lead, and allow sixteen unanswer points... that's heartbreaking. Then again, that's my Lions. The gibberish about benching Harrington in favor of McMahon is foolishness of the highest order. Did you see Schlesinger's dropped pass? Streets's dropped pass? Dropped passes that hit receivers right in the hands? Right in the numbers? Joey Harrington is no Brett Favre, but he could really use some help from his fucking receiving corps.

It is now all but impossible for the Lions to finish the season 8-8, but 7-9 is still within realistic grasp. We have found ways to underachieve this year, not just to be overwhelmed my superior opposition, but to lose games we should have won. But something can still be salvaged. If this team has any heart, it must win two out of its last three games. Home against the Minnesota Vikings, home against the Chicago Bears, and away at the Tennessee Titans. Come on Lions.

Imperial Assault Carrier
Imperial Dreadnaught
Imperial Ship-of-the-Line
Imperial Corvette
Otrosi Man-of-War
Rynoran Heavy Cruiser
Caliphate Leviathan

H-A-N
H A _ _
A
_ W _ N G _ N G
N _ G H _.

No comments: