Friday, December 17, 2004

Parker Posey Appreciation Day
Meine Vater and I saw Blade: Trinity last weekend. What's wrong with America is that Parker Posey isn't our biggest movie star. I don't care whether or not you like vampire movies, go see it for the glorious Ms. Posey.

Vote For Kodos - National Security
When Representatives Hunter (R, California) and Sensenbrenner (R, Wisconsin) held up the intelligence reform bill, President Bush's "failure to pass vital intelligence reform" lead the news. When the bill was passed a scant two weeks later, and when President Bush signs it, as he did today, it is the second or third item. Yep, no bias to be seen.

I just saw The Flight of the Phoenix, the 1965 film starring James Stewart. Holy cow. Absolutely amazing. I shall have to write a "Hollywoodland" about it, as soon as I get a good night's sleep.

Speaking of which, I'm not sure just how it happened, but this week has been a horror. Wednesday, Thursday (except when I watched The Flight of the Phoenix), and today, I feel as if I haven't spent a single moment at home. I'm so tired. But of course, I won't really be able to sleep tonight.

Sorry for whining.

One legitimate grievance: both my parents are sleeping downstairs. For fuck's sake, you assholes, you have a king-sized bed. Do you really have to monopolize the entire first floor?

American Empirical
Bottle Rocket, Rushmore, and The Royal Tenenbaums. Boy howdy, I can't wait for The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou.

H-A-N
Have a wise night.

No comments: