Monday, December 13, 2004

"swim team"
words by M. Wilson

(chorus)
swim team! swim team! U-S-A!
swim team! swim team! hey hey hey!
Hop in the pool, it's so much fun!
We've got flourescents, who needs the Sun?
Morning practice at five-fifteen,
All day long you smell like chlorine!

Freshman year your job's to do lane lines,
The Girls' Swim team is really fine,
Swimmer girls so hot you'll lose your mind,
But I digress, one thing at a time.
Breaststroke! Backstroke! Butterfly!
Freestyle sprints, it's time to fly!

(chorus)

Swim-Kick-Pull is in full effect,
Stroke drills make sure our stroke's correct.
Pearce on the deck in a Phish T-shirt,
Today's work out looks like it will hurt.
Breaststroke! Backstroke! Butterfly!
Freestyle sprints, too tired to fly!

(instrumental bridge)

The time clock chimes, you don't want to go,
Endless laps, round and round you go,
When it's done, you'll do it again,
Man, I hope Coach has a master plan.
Breaststroke! Backstroke! Butterfly!
Freestyle sprints, it's time to die!

(chorus)

But I've never been able to get Steeze to write music for my lyrics; so, this one will probably never be an RCY song.

Christmas Should Be Lasting All Year Long*
Thanks to the marvel of modern e-commerce, in just a few moments I was able to complete half my Christmas/birthday shopping (both my mom's and my sister's birthdays are in December). My thanks to a series of geeks who spent way too much time writing code and slaving to perfect many different software applications. Hurray for HAL science. "Science!"

*Borrowed from Murky Transport Disaster, "Christmas Should Be Lasting All Year Long" from The Murky Transport Disaster Disaster Transport Transport Disaster

No comments: