Monday, February 28, 2005

Amid massive protests, the pro-Syrian cabinet in Lebanon has resigned. Who honestly thinks this had nothing to do with the elections in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Saudi Arabia?

My Back, My Back
Meine Vater took the day off work today because his back hurts. Moving causes him obvious pain. In the fall of 2003, for the first and thus far only time in my life, I threw my back out. Sitting still was fine, but any movement caused searing pain, which was impossible to ignore. After a day and a half, it disappeared as suddenly as it had come. At the time, knowing my dad had thrown his back out several times, I asked his advice. Would heat alleviate the pain? Was Tylenol worth taking, or too weak to be of any use? His only answer, "Lose some weight." So, here's hoping the pain from his back keeps him up all night. Suffer, you miserable sack of shit.

Of course, what's really upsetting is that a part of me feels actual, honest-to-Bog sympathy for him. I've sent the dark bastard down to the legal department to see if we can declare that traitorous portion of my mind persona non grata or enact some other legal sanction. Jerk.

May the Force Be With You
Friday night, Guy Zach Nie!, Kiel, and I saw Mustard Plug at The Flint Local 432. I was wearing my "Weird Al" "The Saga Begins" T-shirt. On the front is a picture of Weird Al, modeled after the Episode I teaser poster (the one with Ani and Vader's shadow); on the back is a list of tour dates such as "Tatooine - Mos Eisley Cantina", "Alderaan - (CANCELLED)", and "Naboo - Theed Palace." Two fifteen year old girls came up to me and one said, "I like your shirt." So of course, I had to break out the album and listen to "The Saga Begins." Holy wow, only three weeks until Clone Wars! Less than three months until Revenge of the Sith!

"Oh my, my, this here Anakin guy,
Maybe Vader someday later,
Now he's just a small fry,
And he left his home
And kissed his mommy goodbye
Saying, 'Soon I'm gonna be a Jedi,
Soon I'm gonna be a Jedi.'"
--"Weird Al" Yankovic, "The Saga Begins" from Running With Scissors

No comments: