Tuesday, February 8, 2005

The League of Nations
Between Paul Volcker's interim report on the oil-for-food and this gem, does the United Nations have any credibility left? Id be curious to hear a defense of Kofi Annan's performance as Secretary-General. I mean that. I can't think of a single positive thing to say about him; so, don't have any idea how someone might defend him. Please, astound me.

Spite
From time to time, certainly not every week, I tape the UPN show Veronica Mars. (It airs at 9 o'clock on Tuesday, the same time as Scrubs; so, clearly I can't watch the show when it's broadcast.) Kristen Bell is fierce and lovely, and it's an entertaining little show. However, since those rat finks at UPN announced the cancellation of Star Trek: Enterprise last week, I have given serious consideration to boycotting the entire network. Strike that, I'm not considering, I've made the decision to boycott. Some might argue that I am cutting my nose to spite my face; after all, I'm involuntarily losing a show I love, so what could be gained by depriving myself of another show I enjoy? But anyone who would make that argument knows nothing about spite. What is to be gained? Peace of mind, my friends, peace of mind. Effective immediately, I won't watch anything on UPN that isn't Star Trek: Enterprise. Once the curtain falls on that wonderful and underappreciated show, I won't watch anything on UPN until Star Trek returns (though I personally hope that when [if] Star Trek returns, it won't have anyting to do with UPN). Veronica Mars is UPN's first non-Star Trek show I ever watched, and now those geniuses have convinced me to give it up. Rot in hell, you bastards.

Man Up
There is a story circulating that Donovan McNabb had the dry-heaves at the end of the Super Bowl, thus preventing Philadelphia from running the no-huddle offense. Sweet fancy Moses, can't you pussies even lose like men? "Ooo ooo, it wasn't our fault, our quarterback was sick!" That's just sickening. I've never liked the Eagles, they are braggarts and egotists, but this is outragous even by the low standards to which I hold them. You lost. Suck it up. The Philadelphia Eagles are the lowest bunch of bottomfeeders in the NFL, even worse than Jerry Jones and the hated Cowboys. You lost, now own up to it, you pussies.

No comments: