Monday, January 16, 2006

Good Riddance, Kitty
I hope no one is interpreting the "Good Riddance, Kitty" topic title as a gesture of ill will toward Laundry Cat. Posts about Sam appeared under the titles "Hello, Kitty" and "Goodbye, Kitty," and as fond as I have become of Laundry Cat over the past three weeks, my affection for her in no way approaches the love I felt for Sammy; so, I felt it inappropriate to use his headings as I chronicled our difficulties with her. I will be very sad to see Laundry Cat go, even though that now seems to be a virtual certainty. She didn't poo outside of her box at all on Sunday, but she pooed in the bathtub this morning and in her favorite corner of the dining room just a few minutes ago. Of course, that seems to be the way her time here has gone: just when I was getting my hopes up that she'd turned the corner and could stay, she poos all over those hopes. I mean, maybe maybe maybe we can keep her if she is perfect from this moment forward, but nothing I have seen since Boxing Day leads me to believe that will happen. So, I'm just going to try and enjoy what time we have left before I have to drive her back to Susan's family on Saturday.

I missed Sammy more than I can say when we had him poisoned in March, but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy not having to change his litter box every other day. I will miss Laundry Cat, but I won't miss the anxiety of wondering where and when she's going to poo next.

No comments: