Sunday, January 15, 2006

The Queue
There are times when I read more books and times when I read fewer books. For the past couple of months, I've been experiencing one of the latter periods. I never hate books, sometimes I just have little interest in reading them. That said, here is the present queue:

Natan Sharansky, The Case For Democracy: The Power of Freedom to Overcome Tyranny and Terror ***on hold***
Gerald Green, The Last Angry Man ***in progress***
Sarah Vowell, Radio On: A Listener's Diary
Jung Chang & Jon Halliday, Mao: The Unknown Story
Robert Soderstrom, The Big House: Fielding H. Yost and the Building of Michigan Stadium

The Goldbricker gave me two off-list books, Mao and The Rise and Fall of the Soviet Empire, as Christmas presents. I can only assume that my father thinks I am soft on Communism. Tell me, gang, am I soft on Communism?

After finishing this non-fiction heavy group, I am thinking of reading C.S. Lewis's entire The Chronicles of Narnia. I've never read all the books, and the ones I have read I read in fifth grade.

The Netflix Queue
And now on to less weighty matters, the next ten DVDs in my Netflix queue:

Smiley's People (Disc 2 of 3)
Smiley's People (Disc 3 of 3)
The Spy Who Came in From the Cold
The Bedford Incident
Ice Station Zebra
One Day in September
Wimbledon
The Battle of Shaker Heights
Jersey Girl
Lady Jane


Vote For Kodos
Bog, the Alito hearings were hilarious last week. Senators Kennedy, Leahy, and Biden really should consider some sort of road show. I was honestly surprised that none of them just asked directly, "Judge Alito, why do you hate women and African-Americans?" Low politics, but high comedy.

No comments: