Monday, April 23, 2007

We returned to BTW South from having seen Hot Fuzz just in time to catch the demise of the Dallas (should be Minnesota North) Stars at the hands of the oddly-garbed Vancouver Canucks. Yippee! Hey, does anybody know what was up with the Canucks' uniforms?

Hot Fuzz was precisely as magnificent as I'd hoped. By Jove, it was perfect. Perfect! We laughed and laughed and laughed, and 'twas not just the Mountain and me. Scarcely ever have I experienced a theater filled with such public and uproarious laughter, muffled after a fleeting moment of unrestrained glee by hands obedient to ears and a mind afraid of laughing through the next joke, missing the next bit of comedic genius. I am filled with such a profound sense of contented satisfaction and warm and fuzzy well-being. Glorious! Glorious!

Caution: Vulgarity ahead.

Mission: Unpossible Zwei - Tag Elf
All quiet on the Western front.

The Endurance
I've never been so happy to not have a voicemail waiting for me upon emerging from a cinema. She didn't ring, it seems like I'm always the one to initiate calls, she didn't ring and that hurts. That hurts! Joyous day, that hurts! Bog, it's been too long since I've felt that pinprick of agony. I feel like Peter Frampton, I've come alive! So, okay, yes, I admit that I've confessed to the emotional mode of cutting oneself. But I am emerging from a long and terrible night of emotional hibernation; I'm entitled to a few liberties. Or, bugger to what I am or am not entitled, I'll take a few liberties if I damn well please.

And to blazes with the rustiness of hibernation, I've the affections of a girl half a continent away to win!

No comments: