Tuesday, November 6, 2007

How could I possibly justify not picking up this comic when it comes out next week?




The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Pain, "Bottle Rocket War" from Pounded: The Official Comic Book Soundtrack (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: "Bottle Rocket War" was previously a B.T.W. South Song of the Day and has now joined the ranks of the Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day. There was a strict rule limiting any given song to one appearance as the B.T.W.S.S.O.T.D. Thus far, Rebel Black Dot songs had adhered to this rule, also, though I now view it as more of a guideline than a blanket prohibition. On the one hand, some songs are of far greater emotional import than others; it is only right and fitting that they be chosen whensoever they capture the Zeitgeist. On the other hand, I have a propensity to fixate, and it is not outside the realm of possibility that a single song might be selected as many as a dozen times per annum, unnaturally excluding other worthy choices. On the gripping hand, I have ever been a contrarian; so, best not to make a rule until it becomes necessary lest I violate it immediately just to spite myself. Spite!

No comments: