Monday, February 11, 2008

Annoying though it is, I owe you "The Explorers Club" No. LXIV, a big "Project OSPREY" post, the long-delayed latest news on "The Endurance," and I probably should explain a bit about my recent outrage at developments within "Vote For Kodos" lest I be gravely misunderstood.

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day
Reel Big Fish, "Beer" (live) from Our Live Album is Better Than Your Live Album, Disc 1: More Shtick Than You Can Shake a Stick At (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: This live rendition of "Beer" was previously selected as the R.B.D.S.O.T.D. waaaaay back in November of last year, but quite simply what would be the point of this alcohol-themed project if I didn't include not one, not two, but all three extant versions of R.B.F.'s "Beer"?

Aaron Barrett to the audience: "Anyway, I hate this song and I hate all of you.... Just kidding, I don't hate this song."


Sonntag, 10 Februar
Lit, "My Own Worst Enemy" from A Place in the Sun (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: "Can we forget about the things I said when I was drunk? I didn't mean to call you that." And that right there is why I've never understood the appeal of inebriation.

No comments: