Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tales of Perilous and Dubious Ventures
Ladies and gentleman, it is my distinct privilege to present to you, courtesy of our great friend the ever-glamorous Skeeter, the woeful, wonderful tale of the Citigroup Center: awesomelink.

Project TROIKA
The malaise has passed and we are back on track, with a vengeance! I am more than a week behind on Project OSPREY - perhaps I should blog about each game individually instead of continually pushing back an omnibus post - but for the nonce I am going to compose yet another TROIKA email to the Steeze. Banzai!

Project OSPREY
Indiana won tonight's contest not because they were the superior team, but because Purdue shot brick after brick after brick. I cannot resist the painfully obvious: this evening in Assembly Hall, the Boilermakers should have been called the Brickmakers. Curses!

Ricky Fitness
Yesterday, the girl at the equipment counter handed back my card and asked, "Does your ring (worn on my right hand ring finger) have shamrocks on it? That's so cute." And immediately upon the heels of the word "cute," before I'd had the chance to adapt any new aspect to my countenance, she said, "Um, I mean manly. That's so manly." My face betrayed no amusement, no annoyance, no amazement, no agitation, I hadn't had any time to react. I'd never seen anyone backtrack with such celerity and with so little cause. Verbally adroit, that lass.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Less Than Jake, "Plastic Cup Politics" from Anthem (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Chris is a great front man, but this song was just tailor-made for Roger to sing the lead vocals, horrible white trash dreadlocks and all.

"Hello, Mr. Six Pack of Confidence,
I'm glad to see you've already met
Ms. Twelve Ounces of Loneliness."

No comments: