Thursday, February 14, 2008

Be My Anti-Valentine
Originally, I was going to link, as Vapidlink, to a horrid "dating advice" column promulgated by Yahoo! last week, but upon a second look I realized that it was neither horribly funny nor horrible and funny, just horrible. Instead, let us look back at past feast days of Saint Valentine here at The Secret Base:

Valentine's Day '07

Valentine's Day '06

(Valentine's Day was a mere footnote on 14 February '05.)

Valentine's Day '04

Before the year is out, hell, by the end of May, I shall be the last Wilson sibling still a loyal member of Team Bachelor. And by Memorial Day fully 40% of B.T.W.'s high command will owe their allegiance to The Marrieds. There are grim days ahead, my friends; so, for the nonce, raise your glasses and join me in an earnest toast: down with love!

I hope they all have a crummy Valentine's Day, the bastards.

Project OSPREY
I've watched at least one game every night this week. Next on tap, the valiant Wolverines of the University of Michigan against the tenacious Hawkeyes of the University of Iowa. This will all end in tears, but at least I'll be crying in my beer instead of my usual Dr. P.

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, "Drunks and Children" from Devil's Night Out (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: I wish "Drunks and Children" had been included on The Bosstones' truly excellent live album, Live From the Middle East. Alas. Long live the Hometown Throwdown!

Mittwoch, 13 Februar
"Weird Al" Yankovic, "The Saga Begins" from Running With Scissors (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: A brief break from the alcohol-fueled hi-jinks of the last few weeks to commemorate what happened yesterday afternoon after work, when people went apeshit over my "Weird Al" T-shirt bearing the image below.

No comments: