Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Who Used To Own It? - Vive la France!
In Round One, I identified Great Britain as the former colonial suzerain of Guinea. I WAS WRONG. FRANCE WAS THE SUZERAIN OF GUINEA. My sincerest thanks are extended to Skeeter for catching the error, which was compounded in the scoring of Round One. As a result, The Guy's correct answers are reduced from four to three of twelve, or 25% However, The Guy got one more thing: he initially scored himself correctly, three of twelve, before I interceded with my idiotic declaration of "four of twelve for 33%." I am ashamed of myself for my brash arrogance.

Effective immediately, all rounds of Who Used To Own It? will be scored in consultation with reputable reference materials. No longer will I rely upon my clearly fallible memory. I am deeply sorry, one and all, and I hope this scandal will not deter anyone from partaking of the edifying fun of Who used To Own It?

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Denis Leary, "Traditional Irish Folk Song" from No Cure For Cancer (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary:

"We drink and we sing
And we drink and we sing,
Hey!
We drink and we drive
And we puke and we drink,
Hey!
We drink and we fight
And we bleed and we cry,
Hey!
We puke and we smoke
And we drink and we die,
Hey!"

No comments: