Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I am a creature of habit, dear readers, a man who treasures routine and repetition. Traveling across five states (Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, and Missouri) across the span of five days (Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday) has proven a substantial disruption, and it is taking me longer than I predicted (under the influence of wild and baseless optimism) to fall into my rhythm. But slowly The Secret Base is regaining its footing. And now to thoroughly mix our metaphors, there's smooth sailing ahead.

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day
New Found Glory, "This Disaster" from Catalyst (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Speaking of disasters, I can't believe I wasted two nights watching A&E's mutilation of The Andromeda Strain. Alas, such unrealized potential.

Dienstag, 27 Mai
Billy Joel, "Allentown" from The Nylon Curtain (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: And this one goes out to Ki-El, my good and talented friend. You'll land on your feet, buddy. Like a cat. "Allentown" is an appropriate R.B.D.S.O.T.D. on at least two separate levels.

Montag, 26 Mai
Mu330, "Fat and Married" from Chumps on Parade (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Once again, three cheers for Matrimania - Saint Louis: Hip hip! Hooray! Hip hip! Hooray! Hip hip! Hooray!

I am experiencing a mild degree of guilt for not choosing a song more befitting the day we honor our war dead, the glorious dead, but on the other hand is not the joy of this past weekend precisely what those valiant souls died to defend? That this way of life might persist? The mild guilt persists, but The Guy and The Gal are worth it.


Sonntag, 25 Mai
John Williams & the London Symphony Orchestra, "Marion's Theme" from Raiders of the Lost Ark: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: An apropos choice on the day that The Guy, The Professor, K. Steeze, and I together saw Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, no? It could never have been anyone else but Marion Ravenwood, Abner's little girl. Perfect.

Samstag, 24 Mai
Ben Folds, "Zak and Sara" from Rocking the Suburbs (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: My sincerest congratulations to Zach and Sarah, a.k.a. The Guy and The Gal, on the day they formalized the lifelong love they have already shared for nearly a decade. I wish you both all the happiness in the world, my friends.

Freitag, 23 Mai
Narwhal Tag! Sehen Sie unten.

Donnerstag, 22 Mai
The Ataris, "My Hotel Year" from Blue Skies, Broken Hearts... Next 12 Exists (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: "I'm more alone with you than when I'm by myself."

No comments: