Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Believe: 1st Intermission - Red Wings 1-0 Penguins
So, let me see if I understand this: the Penguins got a 5-on-3 for a minute and a half because Kris Draper delivered a perfectly legal check to a Penguin, but when a Penguin blatantly tripped a Red Wing - Kronwall, I think - while Detroit was on the power play, the official who was looking straight at the clearcut penalty sat on his hands. I mean, I know the N.H.L. front office desperately wants Sidney Crosby to win the Cup, but the obviousness of the corruption is getting ridiculous.

Whatever. If the Wings have to play against two different teams wearing white and black - the only difference being that the Penguins feature splashes of yellow while the officials have orange armbands - so be it. Go Red Wings!

No comments: