Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day
Elvis Costello, "Little Triggers" from This Year's Model (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: I don't even really like "Little Triggers," it just played in my head over and over again this late afternoon and evening whilst I mowed the lawn. I suppose there's nothing in the unwritten Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day charter that requires the R.B.D.S.O.T.D. to be a well-loved song, just the song of - a tiny word and yet able to carry so very many potential meanings - the day. In all its lack of glory.

Mittwoch, 18 Juni
Cyd Charisse, "Baby You Knock Me Out" via iTunes (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: From the motion picture It's Always Fair Weather, the only Gene Kelly picture I've seen from beginning to end. And though this was my only exposure to the recently deceased Cyd Charisse, I have to agree with the opening lyrics from "Baby You Knock Me Out":

"What a dame, what a dame,
She belongs in the Hall of Fame!"

No comments: