Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Stars My Destination
Here is a interestingly pro-Beijing piece about the Chinese space program: celestiallink. Mind that I've got nothing against the China National Space Administration beyond the fact that it is an arm of the People's Republic of China, a bloody-handed dictatorship that has ground the Chinese people under its heel for the last fifty-nine years. That said, I do most certainly wish all taikonauts a safe journey from the earth to the heavens and back.

The first American to "walk" in space, in 1965 (that's forty-three years ago for all you Red Chinese apologists out there), was Ed White (1930-67), a Michigan man, who tragically perished in the Apollo 1 disaster.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Barenaked Ladies, "The Big Bang Theory Theme" via iTunes (Dr. Hee Haw)

Commentary: My thanks to the good doctor for the nomination. And while I am not a regular viewer of The Big Bang Theory, I have enjoyed those episodes I've seen.

No comments: