Saturday, June 14, 2008

"Voyage of the Damned"

"Partners in Crime"
"The Fires of Pompeii"
"Planet of the Ood"
"The Sontaran Stratagem" Pt. 1
"The Poison Sky" Pt. 2
"The Doctor's Daughter"
"The Unicorn and the Wasp"
(cont'd)

Perchance to Dream
I had two dreams this morning, both of them unusually vivid. In the first, I had my choice of which girl to "get with," still using the parlance of Superbad, Maggie Gyllenhaal or Katie Holmes. (Think I have Batman Begins and The Dark Knight on my mind?) I chose Ms. Gyllenhaal without hesitation. The resulting encounter was far more graphic than is usual for my sex dreams. Honestly, I'm a little grossed out by it. Of course, given Secretary, it is no surprise that my subconscious is inclined to indulge its dirtier proclivities with this particular lovely, but still, ick.

The second was far more conventional, a family reunion... of both sides of my family. Every known Wilson, Little, and Carloni still living was in attendance at an enormous and fanciful house. I wondered from room to room, conversing with pretty much everyone. At every turn, my father followed behind and undermined me; this could be either the deep-seated resentment of mein Vater, or the random firing of synapses. I have never had interest enough to study dream interpretation and I confess to being largely ignorant of the field, but as a layman I have never been convinced that dreams have any significance. Clearly, they are influenced by our conscious minds, but this is not nearly the same thing as possessing any larger meaning for our waking lives.

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day
The Aquabats!, "Adventure Today!" from Myth, Legends, and Other Amazing Adventures, Vol. 2 (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Songs Inspired By The Goonies, Part I.

Freitag, 13 Juni
They Might Be Giants, "Turn Around" from Apollo 18 (T.L.A.M.)

No comments: