Friday, July 11, 2008

Happy Birthday!
Happy birthday to my first friend, Dan the Man. Precisely a fortnight my senior, he and I met as soon as my family relocated from Burton to Grand Blanc, when there were only two Wilson siblings. Both fair skinned and tow-headed, as children we may very well have looked like twins. As we grew older, I grew taller, fatter, and brunette, while he stayed blonde, curse the man. A friendship this ancient requires no maintenance; were we not to speak for the next score of years he could call upon my aid and I would come running. He is my brother, nothing more and nothing less. Happy birthday, Danny!

No Space Week this evening as the broadcast consisted of In the Shadow of the Moon, which I had the fortune to see a few weeks hence on the Discovery Channel. Though the evening was still spent with my head in space, this time indulging in science fiction not science fact, another extraordinary episode of Doctor Who and another mediocre episode of Stargate Atlantis. Bog, the Doctor is brilliant!

"Voyage of the Damned"

"Partners in Crime"
"The Fires of Pompeii"
"Planet of the Ood"
"The Sontaran Stratagem"
"The Poison Sky"
"The Doctor's Daughter"
"The Unicorn and the Wasp"
"Silence in the Library"
"Forest of the Dead"
"Midnight"
(cont'd)

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Dance Hall Crashers, "Elvis & Me" from Honey, I'm Homely! (T.L.A.M.)

No comments: