Monday, September 1, 2008

The Explorers Club
No. XCII - The Great Northern War (1700-21) that spelled the doom of the Swedish Empire and marked the ascension of the Russian Empire, to the world's everlasting lament.








The Victors
I'm done grieving and though I can't say I understand why Saturday unfolded the way it did, I have in the mind's eye analyzed what happened and spotted a few reasons for optimism. Time is short and Saturday's debacle deserves the full treatment; so, I beg your indulgence and thank you for your patience.

Go Blue!

Also, scroll past Saturday's real time reactions to the game. There's some really good stuff from Friday.

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day
Nicholas Ginbey, "Amanda Song" via iTunes (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary-cum-Perchance to Dream: The Sardine was in a dream I had last night. I picked her up for a date and then we drove around for a while in my convertible. I put my hand on her thigh, which we both seemed to enjoy, at which point the alarm clock woke me. I detailed the dream to her this evening over G-Chat and she replied:

"that is a little weird
"but you can't exactly control your dreams"

Why are people so averse to proper punctuation and capitalization in online communications?


Sonntag, 31 August
The Ataris, "How I Spent My Summer Vacation" from End is Forever (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Bugger the calendar, we all know Labor Day is the end of summer. This was the only time in the whole of history that it would have been, was, and ever will be the Summer of 2008, and I hope you made the most of it. I didn't, but I did take some steps, and for the first time in a long, long time I both my reason and my gut tell me I'm moving in the right direction. I didn't make the most of the Summer of '08, but I did make something of it. And that's better than nothing.

"Got out of bed today,
I'm alive, what can I say?"

Think of those words in the most positive sense, folks. I'm alive, and that's no small thing.

No comments: