Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Girls of September '79
Foxes all and twenty-nine years hot, let me extend wishes for a happiest of birthdays to our premiere Girl of September '79, Mrs. Blinky (née Ham 'n' Eggs)! Happy birthday, Emma!

Happy Belated Birthday!
Let me also extend a sincere apology to our favorite sawbones, Doctor Hee Haw, who celebrated his birthday five days hence, Thursday, 4 September. I'm a callous boor, Doc, and you deserve better. I hope one day to find a way to make this up to you. In the meantime, I hope you are a believer that dreadfully late is better than never. Happy birthday, Seth!

The Victors
I know, I know, I am a full two games behind now, but I am up to my eyeballs in reading, and that's without even considering Project TROIKA or "The Irrevocable Shackles of Matrimony: The Wedding Album," the precipitating event for which occurred an entire year ago. I'm trying to get caught up, loyal and saintly patient readers, I really am.

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day
The Ninjas, "Emma" from Platypus (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: A song about lost love; so, not really appropriate for another man's wife's birthday, but a thousand years ago in high school, when she was Saturday Night's main squeeze, I did have quite the crush on the erstwhile Ham 'n' Eggs. That, and "Emma" is the only song I own making any reference whatsoever to the word Emma.

Montag, 8 September
Green Day, "Platypus (I Hate You)" from Nimrod (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Because, really, how many opportunities do you get for a platypus theme day?

No comments: